California  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/03/13, 4:26 pm


I filed an application for adjustment of status based on my marriage to a US citizen on 1/8/2013 . At the time we resided at in San Francisco, We moved to Los Angeles on February 15, 2013.

On 4/3/2013 we appeared for a one-step interview before USCIS, San Francisco District Office.

At the end of the interview and after asking us several routine questions and after the officer stamped the file and I signed application, he informed us that the file will be transferred to the San Fernando Valley Office for further processing in light of our move to the new district further.

He also informed us that the work permit was sent to the old address on 3/15/2013 .

By the way, i mailed the form AR-11 to the immigration .

My questions is :)

What's going to happen there :

Are they going to schedule a new interview or what ? And When can I hear from them ?

What I have to do for the work permit beside sending an email to them explaining that I moved ?

Thank you for your anticipated assistance in this important matter.


2 Answers

Answered on: 4/03/13, 4:41 pm by Rebecca White

Typically if you were living in the district prior to the move, and the move was relatively recent, the interviewing officer could and would simply conduct the interview and adjudicate the I-130 and I-485. You may want to start with calling the 800 number to check on case status, or an infopass appointment. If that does not provide answers you may want to hire an attorney to assist you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Rebecca White Seattle, WA 98154

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 4/04/13, 8:26 am by Marlene Hemmings

Call the customer service number first to make sure they have your new address on file. Ask to check your case status. You can only schedule an "info pass" appointment after you have called the customer service number & after the required period of time has elapsed since then.

I don't see why you would have to attend another interview, but "further processing" does not sound positive. (This is a point that should have been argued at the interview). CIS would only transfer the file to the Valley office if they were going to schedule you for an AOS interview.

There should be no further action needed regarding the EAD (work permit).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search