Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Hi,My Change of Status application from H4 to F1 is pending with USCIS and it\'s been 2 months and a week(applied on may 31) . Since my h4 status expires on aug 20 , I need my F1 visa by that time in order to join the classes. I called the customer care and found that the last processed case was May 2nd. Can i expedite my case to USCIS stating the above reason ?

Asked on 8/06/13, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

An H-4 can attend school, so there was no reason to apply for a change of status, unless your spouse is not eligible for an H-1B visa extension after 8/20/2013.

Did you consult with the attorney who filed your spouse's H-1B visa before you filed?

You cannot premium process an I-539 petition, so I do not see that USCIS would otherwise expedite your case.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 2:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now