California  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/06/13, 6:21 pm

I hired a lawyer for my visa application to work in the US. I paid for the lawyer fees while the company I worked for paid for the visa application fee ($2400) to the INS. The lawyer cashed the companies check in order that the INS was suppose to cash a new check from him. In April 2013 the lawyer filed my visa application to the INS but the application returned together with the $2400 application fee (annual visa cap was reached). The lawyer kept the fee to in order to apply for the visa next year. Now the company I worked for in bankrupt. Can I claim this fee now, although my lawyer received that money from my employer that is now bankrupt? Thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search