Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

marriage to us citizen with j1 visa

i m an a pair with j1 visa,my boyfriend who is a us citizen and i wanna marry,but we are not sure what we have to do,since i m already here with j1 visa does he needs to apply for fiance visa?do i have to wait until my au pair program is over and then marry?please if someone can help us we would really apreciate,thank you

Asked on 11/27/04, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Myron Morales Lee Lane Smith LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: marriage to us citizen with j1 visa

If you marry, you will need to apply for permanent residence.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/29/04, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now