Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am from Nepal living in US till 1993. I was conditional permanent resident since 2001 and my conditional status was removed by the INS on 2003. However due to health condition ( I am disable) I was not able to go to INS and renew my green card to get a new one. Please let me know how do I proceed now. I also heard that rather than applying for the green card, I can directly apply for the US citizenship "since my conditional residency status was removed on 2003". I was told that once you are a permanent residence, regardless of your green card expiration, your status will remain as permanent residence and can apply for the us citizenship. Please advice.

Asked on 11/01/13, 12:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please contact Ms. Ramia at 619-501-1616 to discuss this issue.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 12:15 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can apply online for a U.S. permanent resident card renewal via form I-90. You can also apply for U.S. citizenship via form N-400. Please refer to for filing fees, forms & more information. Feel free to contact my office if you have any questions.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88553 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now