Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I have sponsored my wife and her son in 2007. They arrived in the US in 2008. If I now want to get a divorce, will I still need to support her and will I have to pay child support?

Asked on 8/17/11, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

divorce does not terminate your obligations on the affidavit of support if you acted as the sponsor.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/11, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now