California  |  Immigration Law

My status of EB3 petition has become current after lengthy waiting. Unfortunately, my sponsor decided not to continue my case. The manager is not the same one I talked to years ago but the company is still hiring. During that period I turned down good job offers in my country in order to meet their request(i must stay in certain field). What other choices do I have ?

Answered on: 10/28/13, 10:26 am by Marlene Hemmings

If your I-140 has been approved, but you have not yet filed the I-485 application, then you can find a new U.S. employer to petition you for labor certification. Once their labor certification & I-140 are approved, you may use the priority date from the first approved I-140.

However, if your I-485 application has already been filed, you may be eligible for "portability".

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Answered on: 10/28/13, 4:41 pm by Rebecca White

Your options will depend upon your ability to find a new US employer willing to hire and assist you. I am not clear if you are now in the US or not, or if and adjustment application was previously filed or not. In either event, the first step to determining if you have other options would be to secure a willing employer in the appropriate field.

Law Office of Rebecca White Seattle, WA 98154