Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I took USA citizen ship class, test and went to swearing in ceremony. I have a Social Security number. Is there some way for me to prove I am an American citizen, some document I should have? I live in Mexico right now and want to be able to cross the border frequently for business and relatives on both sides.

Asked on 6/27/13, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The Social Security number is irrelevant. If you successfully naturalized as a U.S. citizen, then you will need to apply for a U.S. passport, presenting your naturalization certificate as proof. If you are in Mexico, you can initiate a passport application through the U.S. consulate. If you are going to travel, U.S. federal law requires that you use a U.S. passport to re-enter the U.S. Apply at once!

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 4:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88403 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now