California  |  Insurance Law

In 1997 I was engaged and we both took out life insurance policies making each other the beneficiary but we each owned our policy. When we divorced in 2001, my husband said he wasn't going to pay for his policy and gave it to me to pay. I have been paying ever since. The other day I was looking at the policy and realized he was the owner and realized I may not still be the beneficiary. I called and was told they couldn't tell me any information but could stop paying if I no longer wanted to pay for it. Is there any way to find out if he changed the beneficiary without telling me without getting in touch with him?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 6/07/13, 8:46 am by Armen Tashjian

You should have the policy. Just review what it says.

Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian 6311 Wilshire Blvd., Second Floor Los Angeles, CA 90048

Answered on: 6/07/13, 9:11 am by John Laurie

None that I am aware of. But why not just ask him for a copy of the policy and proof that you are still the beneficiary.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356