California  |  Insurance Law

I was in an at-fault accident about 3 years ago, and 1 of the drivers is claiming injury (plus lots of other stuff). My policy limits are lower than she wants to settle for, so the claim has been going on for a few years. Because the statute of limitations ran, in order to keep the claim open, she filed a suit against me personally and the hearing date is coming up. If my insurance does settle with her, can she still come after me personally? Or could I be required to personally contribute in order to settle?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.