California  |  Insurance Law

My car has been vandalised and my car insurance doesn't want to pay for the reparation. They are only giving me $2,700 when the quote from the car repair shop is for $4,900. I pay extra on my policy to insure my classic car for up $18,000 and now they are telling me that no matter where I take it, for example a shop they refer me to, they will not pay more than 2,700 because it is an old car. When I signed up for this insurance I asked them if they insured classic cars and they told me yes and told me I can pay extra so if anything happens it would be covered for up to $18,000

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 5/10/12, 5:48 pm by Steven Murray

I had a similar case several years ago, but the insurer was a classic car insurer. It seems you have the same thing but by endorsement. The insurer paid much more to settle the bad faith case than it would have by paying the legitimate claim. Go see a lawyer. Good luck.

Steven W. Murray, APC 14930 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 205 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403