California  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/10/12, 4:57 pm

My car has been vandalised and my car insurance doesn't want to pay for the reparation. They are only giving me $2,700 when the quote from the car repair shop is for $4,900. I pay extra on my policy to insure my classic car for up $18,000 and now they are telling me that no matter where I take it, for example a shop they refer me to, they will not pay more than 2,700 because it is an old car. When I signed up for this insurance I asked them if they insured classic cars and they told me yes and told me I can pay extra so if anything happens it would be covered for up to $18,000

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/10/12, 5:48 pm by Steven Murray

I had a similar case several years ago, but the insurer was a classic car insurer. It seems you have the same thing but by endorsement. The insurer paid much more to settle the bad faith case than it would have by paying the legitimate claim. Go see a lawyer. Good luck.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Steven W. Murray, APC 14930 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 205 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search