California  |  Insurance Law

Hello. I have friend who was not too long ago hit from behind in her automobile. Her car suffered bumper damage and also her trunk can barely close without it being pushed in. The accident claim is now underway. The person that hit her has coverage from AAA. She was advised just a few days ago that AAA has established a two hour window at a local autobody shop near her home that is certified to handle repairs. She was given a quote for an amount of $300 that they will cover howver if the autobody shop states that it may cost more to repair the bumper greater than the allotted amount AAA will cover then my friend would have to pay the difference out of pocket. If she doesn't agree to that then they will not place the bumber back on the car wheras the shop will not be liable for it.

Is this normal practice by an insurance company. I always that if th person who hit her car was at fault then the insurance company would be liable for whatever the cost of repairs would be. She strongly feels that she should not have to come out of pocket for the remainder if it were to cost more to replace/fix the bumper nor does she really have hat kind of money. What is usually the recourse and also too what are insurance companies policies or stance on this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have never been in an accident before to know this.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.