Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

hello

my friend made an accident with my car and my car insurance was not active at that time and neither he had an inurance. it was the other partys fault for the accident as they hit my car by breaking a red light. police report was also filed and my frnd exchanged insurance details. we contacted the others partys insurance and claimed for our car.however my insurance said us that it was not responsible for any claims against them as the policy was not in effect at the time of accident. and looks like the other party insurance guys cannot claim my insurance provider as it was their mistake for the accident. the other party insurance agent came to my home and took photographs of my car and said that ''we will investigate it and let u know the amount of loss in couple of days if we confirm that its our mistake.'' and today is 12th day and am filing the SR1 today.will there be any problem from dmv as i state in the form that my insurance was not effective at the time of accident. and the other question is will the other partys insurance come to know that my insurance was not in effect at the time of accident and will they deny paying me the money.

And how far is my licence and me is safe as the accident was not made by me and it was my frnd.i was not in the state.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Since you didn't have insurance, you will have to take the other driver to court for your damages. Don't hold your breath waiting for the other party's insurance company to pay you, they won't.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California

Insurance Law Legal Forms