Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I live in a condo. A pipe from the kitchen was rusted and leaked (from our sink, but plumber had to go through the wall to get access to the pipe)-- damage to downstairs neighbor. My insurance says since we did not leave water on we should not be liable. Was told it is either neighbors policy or building policy... who is responsible?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

I would say that you're responsible as the pipe was in your wall, and your insurance carrier should cover the "accidental" flooding of your neighbor's unit, minus your deductible, if any.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California

Insurance Law Legal Forms