Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I live in a condo. A pipe from the kitchen was rusted and leaked (from our sink, but plumber had to go through the wall to get access to the pipe)-- damage to downstairs neighbor. My insurance says since we did not leave water on we should not be liable. Was told it is either neighbors policy or building policy... who is responsible?

Asked on 5/13/11, 11:23 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would say that you're responsible as the pipe was in your wall, and your insurance carrier should cover the "accidental" flooding of your neighbor's unit, minus your deductible, if any.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/11, 11:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now