Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

My son lost some of his belongings when a city-owned camp he was working at burned in a recent fire. He lived at the camp and room and board was part of his compensation. Is he entitled to be reimbursed by the city for what he lost? Is he covered by their insurance?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

He may or may not be covered. How did the fire start? What do you mean City owned camp? If he has a claim against the city it must be made within 6 months. Call the city and ask for the claim form. Nothing to lose.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

In my opinion it is a "toss up". He might me covered but he might not be. I agree with John Laurie that he needs to make the claim within 6 months.

I would find an attorney in your ZIP code that offers free consultations. This could be complex considering it involves the city government.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California

Insurance Law Legal Forms