California  |  International Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/07/13, 9:12 am

I was in an american chain hotel in curope and had some bad experiences--can i sue these guys from the usa or do i have to hire an attorney in euope even thugh the hotel is an american chain?

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/07/13, 10:53 am by Timothy McCormick

It is impossible to answer your question without a great deal more information about the occurrences. You also need to realize that many chain hotels are actually franchises or under some other similar licensing arrangement to use the name without the chain actually owning the individual locations. If the property you stayed at is locally owned it is very unlikely that you would have any way of getting jurisdiction in the U.S.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search