California  |  International Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/18/12, 6:48 pm

I was Canadien Citizen. For some reasons I came and became a permanent resident with Green Card in USA. Then I have had two Passports from Canada and USA for traveling back and forward. Is it legally for me to carry both Passports at the same time while traveling? And also, two driver license in my pocket? Thanks for your great answer.

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/18/12, 7:10 pm by Andrew Harrell

You still are a Canadian citizen. When you become a U.S. citizen, you retain your Canadian citizenship. If you have two passports, I'm assuming one is Canadian and the other is U.S. You should carry both passports. Whenever you enter or leave the U.S., it is federal law that you present the U.S. passport. Driver's licenses are a state matter. I think most jurisdictions prefer that you have only one driver's license. However, that isn't practical if you have residences in two places.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law 250 Pacific Ave., Suite 407 Long Beach, CA 90802

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search