Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in California

If a minor wishes that something he/she said, written to be confidential from his/her parents, is that valid or would it be void? (California)

Asked on 10/28/13, 9:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The minor should have an attorney. Any communication between the minor and the minor's attorney should privileged. The attorney should respect the minor's request to keep the statements confidential. Any statement made to the social worker will very probably appear in the report to the court and parents.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/13, 6:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now