Legal Question in Employment Law in California

My boyfriend has been having a hard time at his work place. He is a diesel mechanic for the railroad and has been the subject of harassment. Imaginary rules that are not posted and that never existed before seem to get enforced with him, the biggest one lately, he's not allowed to wear gloves while working. I think this rule is illegal to enforce because as a mechanic, he is handling hazardous chemicals. Without gloves, the fluids are eating his skin, and his hands are are become dry and painfully cracked. In addition, some car fluids are known to this state, California to cause cancer. Can his job really tell him he's not allowed to wear gloves? What should he do or say the next time they reprimand him for wearing gloves, even though he's doing it as a health and safety precaution?

ARMAN MOHEBAN LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN

File a complaint with OSHA.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms