Legal Question in Employment Law in California

My boyfriend quit his job after not being paid for two weeks, and then was threatened by his boss. They also have failed to pay his final wages and vacation pay with in the 72 hour window, what if anything can we do?

Asked on 12/03/12, 8:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

His remedy is an action under California Labor Code Section 203. He can either go to the California Labor Commissioner, or file a complaint in the appropriate court. This will be small claims court for most people.

Best of luck you you and to your boyfriend.

Read more
Answered on 12/03/12, 9:08 am
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He also has additional remedies for the failure to pay his wages for two weeks. The labor code provides for him to get his attorneys fees and interest if he files suit, or he can proceed with a Labor Commission complaint on his own. If he wants to do it himself, definitely go with the Labor Commission - small claims is a crap shoot even for a slam-dunk case like this.

Read more
Answered on 12/03/12, 11:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now