Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I am in commission sales. I have been asked to solicit our vendors for fund to support an offsite meeting, do i have to do this? I sell equipment not fund raising for the managers meeting.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

If you get no salary whatsoever and are strictly paid on commission then in my opinion, I don't understand how they can expect you to work involuntarily without compensation. This is called involuntary servitude.

DISCLAIMER: This is general information only and based upon limited information. Facts that could change the outcome have not been evaluated. This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of a retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I think its more a matter of what the person you are doing business with wants. Yes you may be on commission sales but if that's what they want what does it hurt in this case to do it.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms