Legal Question in Employment Law in California

my former employer paid me salary with tax deductions but commissions on jobs sold were paid as bulk for 2012 without any tax deductions, now I am facing almost 10,000 in fed and state taxes combined. My actions?

Asked on 3/06/13, 3:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Pay your taxes. Withholding is a right of the government, not the taxpayer. Your employer should be paying penalties and interest if the IRS follows up on the failure to withhold, but it is up to the employee to keep track of how much is withheld and make sure they will be able to pay their taxes at the end of the year.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/13, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now