California  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/28/13, 10:50 am

what happens when ex-spouse refuses ex-spouses death benefits, pension etc. can other family member, such as caregiver receive benefit

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/28/13, 11:08 am by Terry A. Nelson

Sure if they can prove they were the nominated beneficiary spouse' or otherwise legally entitled to it through a trust, will or by intestate succession. I'm not sure how you think you'd prove any of those. You could go hire a 'wills and trust' attorney to review the case and offer an opinion.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search