California  |  Employment Law

lanlord termination harrassment

I am a onsite property manager for a apartment community. The company I work for is privatly owend. This is not the only property they own. Ive been onstite here now for one year now. This is what I was told by my boss/owner. Ive got bad news you and the onsite leasing agent will have to find new jobs, you have done nothing wrong. Im going to be bringing back a former renident manager who needs a job. You have two months to find another job. ''Remember I live onsite and so does the leasing agent who just moved onsite two months ago. There where no grounds of termination or wirten letter. No write ups no verbal warnings.

What are my wrights as a Onsite mananger/lanlord where my rent is apart of my salary. Can the owners just tell me to go just becouse sombody they know personaly and that person needs a job that I need to find another job?