Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I was physically threatened by my boss, I am afraid I will be fired? What are my options?

Asked on 6/29/13, 1:27 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

File a worker's compensation claim for psychiatric injury. Feel free to call me at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 1:46 am
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have a civil claim for harassment. An employer should never physically threaten and employee. If you wish you may call my office at 818 345-0123.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 9:40 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could try to report this to management and ask for help and remedy.

You could look for a new job either now, or when you are fired.

You could try to file criminal charges if you think you can prove a crime

to the police.

You could file a civil lawsuit for assault if you think you can prove all

the necessary elements of the cause of action, including damages, if the

case has merit, value, and collectability, meaning that it is worth

spending the time and money to do so.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 12:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now