Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I recently complaint to my contractor about an ongoing (years) situation regarding very graphic and serious sexual comments and bullying from a government employee who is part of the union. Because I' m a contractor there is two investigations going on one from my contractor and one from the government agency. Will the government agency go easier on the person being reported because he is part of a union? Even though there is hard proof and paper trail of the harassment? should i get a lawyer?

Asked on 7/19/13, 9:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should consult with an employment law attorney. Many offer a free initial phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 11:35 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you have a discrimination and harassment claim, yes, you need an attorney if you intend to pursue it seeking financial damages. Feel free to contact me if serious about doing so. I've been doing these for many years. .

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now