Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I referred someone, who was hired by my company. She stole money from them and was terminated this week. My employer has taken me off the schedule and will not let me come to work because I "brought" this individual to them and they say I must have something to do with it! The employee was an casual acquaintance of mine, not a best friend. They will not answer my phone calls. I have been employed with them over 3 years with no problems and not one call off. In fact I was promoted six months ago ! Just wondering I have a case for wrongful termination/defamation of character etc? Thank you for your time and expertise !

Asked on 5/03/13, 2:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It's unclear whether you have even been terminated at this point. You need a labor and employment attorney. It doesn't seem that you have any claims at this point, but you need an attorney to write them a letter or call them and find out what they are doing. Hiring a labor law attorney will make sure your rights are protected.


Jacob Kiani

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 10:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now