Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I have a small claims case in court and I sewed only for non payment of wages and personal belongings. I did not sue for harassment but I believe with the threatening emails and texts, I should have. I also filed a police report before filing Small Claims papers, so I believe i have sufficient evidence. Can the judge reward me more money than I sued for if they see fit?

Asked on 11/26/12, 6:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In order to have the court rule on your harassment claim, you will need to amend and re-serve your complaint, and increase the amount of money you are asking for.

The court will not award you money for any wrongful conduct not adequately described in your complaint. The issue is one of fairness, and the additional notice is to give the defendant "fair warning" of what the lawsuit is about.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/12, 3:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now