Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I started working for a company in August and I was 3 months pregnant, in September I went to the ER and was unable to go into work. I had called that same day to inform my supervisor and they had mentioned I would be contacted by another supervisor, they never did. Soon after I kept calling to get my schedule but all they would say is that they would contact me when they had something, it's been almost four months and I have never heard from them. In other words I was let go without being let go properly or without any explanation. What legal actions can I take I any?

Arkady Itkin Law Office of Arkady Itkin

Hello,

It sounds like you may have a legitimate claim for disability discrimination/wrongful termination. You should contact a reputable employment lawyer in you area to discuss that option.

Thanks,

Arkady Itkin

San Francisco & Sacramento Employment Lawyer

You should absolutely call an employment attorney to assess your rights as you may have claims for pregnancy and disability discrimination and wrongful termination. Please feel free to call our office at 415-788-0888, or fill out an online questionnaire on our website, www.sarnofflaw.com. Our office represents employees throughout California and we do not charge for initial consultations. It is important that you contact a lawyer soon, as there are statutes of limitations for filing your claims.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You need to discuss the full facts with counsel to determine if you would be able to show this was a violation of the disability, pregnancy and medical leave protections you have as a CA employee. It does sound like a clear violation. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me. I've been doing these cases for many years.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms