California  |  Employment Law

During a verbal disagreement during work, a male coworker grabbed my shoulder in anger (I am female) to threaten me about my job, and proceeded to call me stupid 3 times in a row in front of customers. I finished with a customer and then told coworker (while he was talking loudly to himself about me and how stupid I am) that I do not need him talking shit to me and began to walk away. He pointed his finger in my face and took an aggressive stance and told me that I could not speak to him that way. I then walked away and told my immediate supervisor and HR what happened. The following day, I was told that I would need to work out my differences with my co worker and I told my manager that I no longer feel comfortable working with him. I was then told that I would need to move departments and that my coworker would be staying in my original department.

I decided to quit my job, and have yet to receive my final paycheck (it was direct deposited on payday two weeks later, but immediately reversed)