Legal Question in Employment Law in California

My wife and I operate a wash n' fold business within a laundromat. Yesterday afternoon while at work supposedly the new owner walked in and told me that she had bought the place and that she needed me to get my belongings and leave. Nor me or my wife were notified about this change and have a running contract with the owners based on cleaning and upkeep of the laundromat. How should we go about this?

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

Contact the old owner and find out if there was any discussion with the new owner of your being there and your contract with him. If you can, get the old owner to call the new and point out the terms of the contract and the benefits of having you there. if that does not work take the contract to the new owner and point out that in buying the business she also bought it subject to the existing contracts and try to convince her of the financial benefit of your being there.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms