California  |  Employment Law

I work in CA but the HQ for the company I work with is in Florida, do they have a grave period of 3 days to pay me my termination pay?

Answered on: 1/17/13, 4:14 pm by Aryeh Leichter

Out-of-state employers of California employees must pay such employees in accordance with the California Labor Code. Under Labor Code section 201, an employee who is terminated must be paid all wages he or she has earned at the time and place of termination. The three-day "grace" period only applies to employees who resign.

Leichter Law Firm, APC 3580 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1745 Los Angeles, CA 90010

Answered on: 1/17/13, 4:25 pm by Kristine Karila

If you work in CA, your employer must abide by CA law. Upon firing or laying off an employee, the employer must pay the employee's final paycheck "immediately" upon termination - meaning that day. If they don't do so, your employer must pay one day's pay for each day you have to wait to get your check - up to a maximum of 30 days PLUS your attorney's fes. Contact an employment law attorney. Many of us offer a free initial phone consultation and take these types of matters at no cost to you. Law Office of Kristine S. Karila, 949-481-6909.

Law Office of Kristine S. Karila 9891 Irvine Center Dr., Ste. 200 Irvine, CA 92618