Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I work in california where we are suppose to have two 10 breaks through out the day. My boss refused my breaks and allowed 15 minutes extra during lunch that was paid for. Now he realizeshe had to change things and made me sign a paper that I was messing up my punch in and outs or I would be terminated. This just happened recently but I have worked here over 3 years. I know its nothing to take to court over but I feel he harassed me through the years and was hoping when I do leave I can leave on a good note. So any suggestions on what I can do? He already had me sign the paper.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Sounds like you normally would have grounds for a case for unpaid wages, unpaid OT, plus penalties on each denied break, plus penalties on each paycheck not paid in full, plus interest accruing on all that, plus your attorney fees it you win. However, if you signed a 'confession' or waiver of claim, you could well be stuck with that waiver.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this to consult or try to take action, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible,

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino & LA, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA