California  |  Employment Law

I'm working at a new job now. I left my old job almost 2 months ago. and recently I received a visit from loss prevention. he came into my new store. introduce himself. and right after that accuse me. a returning money into a credit card did 3 different credit cards. he say don't play stupid or act surprised. this is the first time I hear it off. so of course I was a surprise. did he say it again. don't play stupid with me.i can send u to jail.then he sd we need to talk. can he harrass me like this at my new job. i also put 2 weeks notice when i left my old job. n know they told me i was doing sometihing wrong. customers were looking at at. I was embarrassed angry. how can he do that. you going to call me first. I just need to know is that okay for him to harras me like that.thanks I need a free advice. do I need to get a lawyer

Answered on: 9/19/13, 9:30 pm by John Laurie

Yes you need to consult with an attorney

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 9/24/13, 1:16 pm by Terry A. Nelson

You'll probably need to hire an attorney to defend the criminal charges they seem to be threatening. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648