Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I was working with a work agency. Its been have not gotten payed for certain hours. I call and I never get a solid answer. They have me going in circles to the agency andd I still leave empty handed. They have even told me to stop calling because they would call me but never seem to do so.

Asked on 7/19/13, 8:47 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Call an employment law attorney to discuss. Many offer free initial phone consultation. Write down the days and hours of work for which you have not been paid and call. You may be owed the unpaid wages plus one day's pay for each day you have to wait - up to 30 days' pay plus your attorneys' fees. Many employment law attorneys may be able to write a demand letter to the company and try to get what is owed to you - at no cost to you.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 12:11 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file a complaint with the Labor Commissioner's office local to you. If you want, you can hire an attorney to help and represent you in the hearings. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 1:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now