Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I want my California tenant to move from my rental house. The reason is that we just don't get along. We had a one year lease that expired 2 years ago and she has been renting monthly since then. Can I just give her notice to move? Or do I have to have some legal reason to do so. I would plan on renting the house again. She has no minor children or any dependents.Thank you.

Asked on 6/28/13, 9:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Rosales Harris, Rosales & harris
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can give her a 60-day with no reason stated in the notice so long as you are not in a city that requires good cause. The fact that you do not get along with her is reason enough but be aware that she may claim that you do not get along with her for some discriminatory reason or you are retaliating against her for exercising her right as a tenant. She clan fight the termination and raise these issues in an eviction action.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now