California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I want my California tenant to move from my rental house. The reason is that we just don't get along. We had a one year lease that expired 2 years ago and she has been renting monthly since then. Can I just give her notice to move? Or do I have to have some legal reason to do so. I would plan on renting the house again. She has no minor children or any dependents.Thank you.

Answered on: 7/01/13, 10:49 am by Brian Rosales

You can give her a 60-day with no reason stated in the notice so long as you are not in a city that requires good cause. The fact that you do not get along with her is reason enough but be aware that she may claim that you do not get along with her for some discriminatory reason or you are retaliating against her for exercising her right as a tenant. She clan fight the termination and raise these issues in an eviction action.

Harris, Rosales & harris 351 St. Mary Street Pleasanton, CA 94566