California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Eviction: as of April 2013, I am renting a house with a gentleman, "guy". I pay for two rooms and 2/3 utilities because my son lives with me. Then a month into this are arrangement he flips out on me when a guy friend came over. Then explains he has feelings for me and hoped we fall in love. So, because I don't feel the same for him he is telling me to move and threats of eviction notice. The house we live in is a co-workers of his. IT IS A MONTH TO MONTH. But what rights do I have? I do agree that a move would be best, but in time not his suggestion 6 weeks.

Answered on: 7/01/13, 9:37 am by Phillip Wheeler

Unfortunately, this nefarious individual has every right to evict you if you only have a month to month agreement. However, you might want to look into retaliatory eviction. Unfortunately, that is a long shot.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com P.O. BOX 665 Morro Bay, CA 93443-0665

Answered on: 7/01/13, 10:39 am by Brian Rosales

Your tenancy can be terminated with a 30-day notice. He does not need to provide a reason. The reason you indicated that he wants you to leave may not be considered improper by a court. That means that you may not be able to successfully defend an eviction action.

Harris, Rosales & harris 351 St. Mary Street Pleasanton, CA 94566