Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

After filing UD against my tenants who never paid me rent this month, without filing a response, they moved out of the property.

Can I keep the security deposit and apply it towards the 1) unpaid rent and 2) other damages they have caused to the property? Thank you

Asked on 6/20/13, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. That's what it's for.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 8:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now