California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/12/13, 10:36 pm

I am the lease holder of my apartment, and one of my roommates who is subletting from me has not paid her rent and has no means of paying her rent. I am currently unemployed and I cannot afford to cover her rent, neither can my other roommate.

She did not communicate this to me in late October and now it is November 12th and my landlord is requesting the rest of his owed rent. Do I have any legal recourse?

She also bounced her rent check to the landlord and turned the check in late and post dated.

I have tried several times to try to get her to give me a definite date as to when she will pay her rent. She cannot give me one. I have begun to look fora new roommate to replace her. Can I force her out legally?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search