California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I live in Los Angeles in a non rent controlled building. My property manager won't allow my fiancee on my lease beacuse according to her he is "shaddy looking and doesnt fit the image of the building." Because he is white and not a protected class I am being told I have no legal recourse is that true?

Answered on: 5/25/13, 8:01 pm by Kelvin Green

Landlords cannot discriminate in housing. If they let any other fiancÚ on, they should let yours.. What the heck is the image of the building....

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..

Answered on: 5/26/13, 1:41 pm by Armen Tashjian

Is this a serious question? If so, I suggest you to contact Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and file a formal complaint. Make sure you have solid proof of the denial, not just "he said, she said" where they may deny what they told you verbaly. I'd be interested in suing these bastards. Feel free to contact me.

Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian 6311 Wilshire Blvd., Second Floor Los Angeles, CA 90048