Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

We have been living in an apartment complex and the person who raped my wife lives right next door. we have told the owner repeatedly about this and he has done nothing about it. 3 months we have had this person next to us. we are wondering if we can take legal action against the owner?

Asked on 6/01/12, 12:06 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What did the landlord do or should have done in this case? Are you saying your landlord knew about the danger posed to your wife in advance and failed to warn? Was the incident reported to the police? If so, why is he not in the jail or restrained from being near your wife?

As you can see there are many issues which need to be clarified before an intelligent answer can be given.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/12, 1:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now