Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

i have a notice to vacate fm sheriff expiring at midnite TONITE! I AM NOT NAMES AS DEFENDANT ON LEASE BUT HAVE LIVED HEE SINCE DAY 1 WITH MY ROOMATE . ( OWNER UNAWARE) my roomate didnt pay there portion of rent. AND WAS SERVED A U.D. LONG TIME AGO AND HID IT FROM ME . HE DID NOT RESPOND TO IT IN COURT AT ALL SO OWNER WON BY DEFAULT. 2 WEEKS AGO I FOUND PAPERS IN THE TRASH AND it was too late so i thought 2 do anything. OUR SUMMONS AND COMPLAINT SAYS HE IS DEFENDANT AND "DOES 1 TO 10" I JUST FOUND out i am " doe" correct? so DOES THAT MEAN I AM ON LEASE / AND IF SO WHAT MOTION can i file for today in court today . !!!!!!!!! i am just asking that me and my kids r not on the streets for xmas and that we neeed a wk or so to get out!!!!!!! perhaps i need ex to file ex parte or ? something . i dont know what 2 do i am 7 momths preg and need help now ! please

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You need to stop asking questions on the internet and get on the phone to a lawyer or a tenants rights group in our local area. There is nothing on the internet that can help you in an emergency situation, other than looking up phone numbers for lawyers and tenants rights groups.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms