California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/20/13, 10:30 pm

What do I do? We had a oral agreement with a friend to move into his house and help fix it up for sale. we were offered a set amount of money when the house sold. now the work is done and he has served us notice to move out and refuses to pay us the balance of money he promised. He also harasses us daily and has turned off utilities. Help!

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/21/13, 11:27 am by Christopher M. Brainard, Esq.

Is the agreement reflected anywhere in writing? An email or text message? You'll need an attorney and I specialize in real estate and am a proper candidate. I might be willing to take the case on contingency -- call me.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of C. M. Brainard - (310) 266-4115 1003 South Catalina Ave., Unit C Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search