Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

) Can I instead of another party serve 3 day notice to pay rent or quit on my tenant? If so, what should I do if my tenant is not home?

2) My tenant is habitually late to pay the rent. Can I file an UD if my tenant pays me the rent during the 3 day notice to pay the rent or quit?

Thank you for clarifying.

Asked on 5/21/13, 8:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

1. It is not advisable to do this.

2. No, not if they pay or move out within the 3-day period.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 10:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now