Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I rent an apartment. The sink was stopped up and I asked for it to be fixed. I gave the authorization to fix it while I was at work. When I came home there was a mess from them fixing it. There was mud in the sink and the hair they took out of the drain they put on my hair brush. The hair brush cost $20 dollars and I had to throw it away because it stunk like the drain. I can’t begin to tell you how mad that made me. It was done on purpose because the brush was under a shirt on the bathroom counter. The worst part is our toothbrushes were right by the sink. I can only imagine what they did to those. Seriously…that is just unprofessional and I can’t believe someone would do something like that. I know it sounds stupid and petty but it makes me really mad. I am going to be out $50 because of them…do I have some rights as a renter???

Robert Kubler The Kubler Law Firm

"sounds stupid and petty" - I know how you feel. They basically violated your privacy of your home by going through some of your things.

I'd complain to the landlord they're responsible for the repairmen's damage to your personal belongings.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms