Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I am renting an apartment, but want out of the term. So I assumed that we could just find someone to take over the lease. But the manager says they do not do lease take over. I thought by law she has to make an atempt to find someone to take it over

Asked on 7/16/13, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

By law the landlord must mitigate her damages by making reasonable efforts to find someone to rent the place. That technically is different from doing lease take overs but has little practical significance.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 5:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now