California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/22/13, 4:27 pm

I turned in a 30 day notice to my landlord after I accepted a new job offer. I became very ill because of carbon dioxide leak in my apartment. The job offer was resinded. I can not afford to move now. My landlord has filed eviction paperwork is there anything I can do to stop the evection?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/25/13, 11:55 am by Brian Rosales

A 30-day notice cannot be withdrawn unilaterally. The landlord must agree to continue the tenancy beyond the 30-days given in your notice. You can try to settle with your landlord by agreeing to vacate by a particular date and offer to pay the rent through a proposed vacate date. Landlord may want his costs and attorney fees to be paid but that is negotiable. You should obtain specific advice from an attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Harris, Rosales & harris 351 St. Mary Street Pleasanton, CA 94566

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search