Legal Question in Legal Ethics in California

i i applied 2 or 3 weeks ago for a loan online i recieved a call from 209-789-5800 stating the his name was angel from allied cash loans and that a qualified for a 4k loan. well i got scammed for 1k but my question is this isnt allied cash loans 3790 #b bakersfield ca liable for letting my info get to the wrong hands> there website states its secured but then how did this person get my info? also when i called the real allied cash loans they said they didnt have an angel working there. and the telephone number in question doesnt match the real allied numberapplied 2 or 3 weeks ago for a loan online i recieved a call from 209-789-5800 stating the his name was angel from allied cash loans and that a qualified for a 4k loan. well i got scammed for 1k but my question is this isnt allied cash loans 3790 #b bakersfield ca liable for letting my info get to the wrong hands> there website states its secured but then how did this person get my info? also when i called the real allied cash loans they said they didnt have an angel working there. and the telephone number in question doesnt match the real allied number

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

The phone number belongs to whomever called you and obtained your information. I would suggest that you contact the three credit reporting agencies and get copies of your credit reports. Make sure that nothing has happened with your credit that you don't know about. You might put a block on your reports -- usually a password -- so that it would be difficult for others to open accounts with your information. If you were to plug the phone number into a search engine such as Google, you would have found that others complained about it being a scam, as well.

The rule of thumb is, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in California