California  |  Legal Ethics

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/17/12, 1:53 pm

I am an independent contractor who works at a large real estate firm. I am filling out my moral character application for the state bar, and it says I do not need to put work information if I am “self employed” and self employed is an “independent contractor”. Should I still put the information since I am working there full time, or no?

I had a DRE complaint against me which was investigated and shown to be without merit. Must I still disclose this to the state bar?

I was terminated from two previous jobs. Once for really no reason, the second because I got too drunk at a company party and got in an altercation with another employee. How much/little should I disclose about these incidents?

Any advice on this information or any explanation of what they would look for and investigate is greatly appreciated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search