Legal Question in Legal Ethics in California

I am an independent contractor who works at a large real estate firm. I am filling out my moral character application for the state bar, and it says I do not need to put work information if I am “self employed” and self employed is an “independent contractor”. Should I still put the information since I am working there full time, or no?

I had a DRE complaint against me which was investigated and shown to be without merit. Must I still disclose this to the state bar?

I was terminated from two previous jobs. Once for really no reason, the second because I got too drunk at a company party and got in an altercation with another employee. How much/little should I disclose about these incidents?

Any advice on this information or any explanation of what they would look for and investigate is greatly appreciated.

If you get supervision from the real estate firm, you're employed. You'd only be a true independent contractor if you were doing something like being hired to paint their building. They sound tax dodgy to me.

If the moral character application asks for information, I would urge you to fully disclose it. It is worse to not disclose it, than to disclose something that is no big deal.

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in California