California  |  Legal Malpractice

This is my second request for information the first is still unanswered.... What is it called when my ex's lawyer is mouthing/coaching his client the responses to my questioning in the trial, and what is the ethical law it violates? Ca Family Law Stockton.

In my case the respondents attorney was caught coaching his client on the stand, will someone give me information of what i can do about this please before it is too late.

Answered on: 8/02/13, 4:24 pm by Timothy McCormick

It is called coaching the witness. It is also called - this is what happens when people try to represent themselves against an attorney. There is no ethical law it violates. It is merely a courtroom objection that must be made at the time it happens with a request that the court order the attorney to stop doing it. If you did not make the objection and obtain the direction from the bench, it is already too late.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105